Dental Implantsat Dentalcare Langley
What are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are a permanent, natural replacement for a missing tooth or missing teeth.
Dental implants are made up of titanium post, which are gently inserted into your jawbone and this acts as the tooth root. Crowns or bridges then sit on top of this which replace the missing teeth.
More patients are opting for dental implants to replace embarrassing gaps in their mouth.
Types of Dental Implants in Langley
There are different types of dental implants, and to determine which is best for you will depend upon how many teeth you have missing and what you are looking to achieve. We recommend booking a consultation to discuss this in detail with our expert staff.
Single dental implant
If you are missing just one tooth or need to replace a failing tooth, then a single dental implant is the best option for you. The weak tooth is firstly removed. The new implant is fitted with a replacement crown or false new tooth added to this. Sometimes we can offer this all in the space of one appointment to give you same day teeth.
All-on-4 dental implants
If you have multiple missing teeth, or you have many teeth in poor condition or you have no teeth at all, then the all-on-4 dental implants are a good option for you. Just 4 implants are inserted into your jaws and are used to support a full set of permanent, natural looking teeth. This is a cost-effective option for multiple missing teeth, and it can also have a faster healing time than having several individual dental implants.
Benefits of Dental Implants
- Dental implants are an enduring solution to replace missing teeth; there’s no need for dentures
- Regain your smile and your confidence with dental implants
- Dental implants look completely natural and you can treat them as you would your usual teeth
- You can eat your favourite foods with dental implants and speak naturally
- Treatment is tailored to you
- At Dentalcare Langley we use the latest technology to analyse your teeth and create the best solution for you
- Dental implants can help overcome any discomfort that you’ve had with missing teeth and help protect the health of your remaining teeth
- Our dedicated implants coordinator is on hand to offer dedicated support
Book a consultation at Dentalcare Langley and find out more about dental implants.
Frequently asked questions about Dental Implants
Do dental implants hurt?
The process for dental implants sounds traumatic but your discomfort is kept to a minimum during the procedure. We use local anaesthetic to completely numb the area so that you can’t feel what is happening. After the procedure, your mouth may feel sore, but this should soon wear off after several days.
How long do dental implants last?
This varies according to different patients. Most dental implants last for years. Poor oral hygiene, bone loss or any form of accident can cause the dental implants to be compromised.
Can I get dental implants on the NHS?
Mostly dental implants are deemed to be a cosmetic dental procedure. Occasionally patients may get dental implants on the NHS if they are unable to wear a denture and have had their teeth knocked out due to trauma or accident.